Thursday 26 March 2009

Daniel Hannan MEP appears on Glenn Beck

I have noticed that the video showing the attack by Daniel Hannan MEP on Gordon Brown when he visited the European Parliament appears to be an internet sensation. As these three minutes are almost as electrifying as the first three minutes during the birth of the universe, I thought I would comment my own response to it.

I think that it has become such a phenomenon, mostly in America but not that much in Britain (most likely because of the BBC) because:

(a) Daniel Hannan is quite unknown and the fact he has come out of nowhere and pretty much said in three minutes what most people think of Gordon Brown’s policies on getting out of the recession makes him seem like an unsung hero of common sense politics.

(b) Because the language he used and the fact that he is very articulate, also must have made people interested in his speech, which I believe seemed more like a member of the public on politician rather then politician on politician.

(c) I can’t give a American perspective, but from a British of point I believe that the Youtube internet channel is bigger in the United States. Therefore after its use during the Obama campaigning, I believe that the country has a developed a ‘taste’ for internet political videos and clips like these will most likely famous as they are spread from user to user.

I have added a video of Daniel Hannan being interviewed on Fox News and I look forward to hearing your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment